Introduction to Neuronal Networks
This lecture covers integrating information within a network, modulating and controlling networks, functions and dysfunctions of hippocampal networks, and the integrative network controlling sleep and arousal.
- Biological and artificial neural networks
- Network example: central regulation of motor control
- Synaptic and extrasynaptic plasticity
- Post-tetanic potentiation (PTP) and long-term potentiation (LTP)
- Long-term depression (LTD)
- Learning and repeated training
- The hippocampus
- Place and grid cells. Hippocampal interneurons
- Sleep and the arousal system
- Role of histamine signalling
- Role of orexin/hypocretin
Familiarity with the basics of neurons and signalling in the neural system.