Oscillatory networks II
Continuation of coupled oscillators
- Coupled oscillators
- Average of the phase resetting curve
- Network of coupled oscillators
- Phase locking
- The synchronized and unsynchronized manifolds
- Example: nearest neighbor network
- Gershgorin Circle Theorem
- Travelling waves
- Dispersion relations
- Circulent connectivity matrix
Some familiarity with the electrical properties of neurons, for instance the (longer) introductory lectures in Cellular Mechanisms of Brain Function or the (shorter) tutorial series on Basic mathematics for computational neurosciences. Knowledge of differential equations. Some familiarity with dynamical systems concepts and/or linear algebra (stability, equilibrium, matrices, finding eigenvalues).
The previous lectures in the series.