Guiding Principles for FAIR and Open Science
This is the first of two workshops on reproducibility in science, during which participants are introduced to concepts of FAIR and open science. After discussing the definition of and need for FAIR science, participants are walked through tutorials on installing and using Github and Docker, the powerful, open-source tools for versioning and publishing code and software, respectively.
- Reproducible neuroinformatics
- FAIR data principles
- Git and Github - What and Why?
- A terminal for pulling/cloning data from github
- Mac OS terminal or WSL work
- Windows: gitbash is an option