Collaborating with Git and GitHub
Tutorial on collaborating with Git and GitHub. This tutorial was part of the 2019 Neurohackademy, a 2-week hands-on summer institute in neuroimaging and data science held at the University of Washington eScience Institute.
Topics covered in this lesson
- Why version control needed
- Getting started with Git
- How Git stores information
- Getting started with GitHub
- Collaborating with a remote repository
- Contributing to repositories that you didn't create
In this tutorial, Git is used from the Unix Shell, so previous experience with the shell is required.
- Git distributed version control system
- GitHub account