Introduction to Modeling the Brain
This lecture provides an introduction to neuron anatomy and signaling, and different types of models, including the Hodgkin-Huxley model.
- Brief introduction to systems level imaging of the brain and the impact on modeling the brain
- Introduction to neuron anatomy and signaling
- Approaches to bridge levels of modeling
- Methods for measuring brain activity
- Introduction to electrical ciruits
- Hodgkin-Huxley model of action potential propagation in axons
- Signal processing in neurons
- Types of models:
- Compartmental forward modeling scheme
- Simplified neuron model
- Firing rate model
- Neural Networks
- Brain prosthesis
It is recommended to first view the mini-lectures in the series Basic Mathematics for Computational Neuroscience.