Introduction to modeling the brain
This lecture covers an Introduction to neuron anatomy and signaling, and different types of models, including the Hodgkin-Huxley model.
1. Brief introduction to systems level imaging of the brain and the impact on modeling the brain
2. Introduction to neuron anatomy and signaling
3. Approaches to bridge levels of modeling
4. Methods for measuring brain activity
5. Introduction to electrical ciruits
6. Hodgkin-Huxley model of action potential propagation in axons
7. Signal processing in neurons
8. Types of models:
a. compartmental forward modeling scheme
b. Simplified neuron model
c. Firing rate model
9. Neural Networks
10. Brain prosthesis
It is recommended to first view the mini-lectures in the series Basic mathematics for computational neuroscience.