What is meant by computation?
From Universal Turing Machines to McCulloch-Pitts and Hopfield associative memory networks, this lecture explains what is meant by computation. Speaker: Christof Koch.
- A history of computability: Leibniz, Gödel, Turing. Turing machines
- McCullogh & Pitts calculus
- Von Neumann
- Feature detectors
- Encoding and decoding
- Synaptic logic
- Hopfield networks, attractors
- Biophysical explanations vs computational explanations
- Concluding Q&A (from 42:18)
Some knowledge of dynamic systems and attractor dynamics.