Introduction to workflows for model simulation
This lecture gives an introduction to simulation, models, and the neural simulation tool NEST. Speaker: Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
- The Neural Simulation Tool - NEST
- Information processing in sensory systems
- Spiking dynamics in large networks
- Learning and plasticity in large networks
- Properties and examples of good models
- Model selection and fitting
- Compartment models of neurons
- What is a simulation?
- Simulation workflows
- Intro to human brain project
Speaker: Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
Talk title: Digging deeper - Workflows for modelling and simulation
Recorded at the INCF Short course: Introduction to neuroinformatics 22-23 August 2014 in Leiden, the Netherlands
Some introductory knowledge of modeling, for instance the video lecture Introduction to modeling the brain from the same course.